Backing Up All Your Data
We recommend you back up your system frequently. It is also recommended to keep a copy of the latest backup:
- On the same computer as the server - so you can restore quickly in the event of a software failure
- On a thumb drive at your practice - so you can restore to a new installation in the event of a hardware (computer) failure
- On a thumb drive at home - in case of a disaster at your practice (fire/break-in etc)
With Practice Master Pro you can backup your entire system with a single click.
Start the Server Configuration tool by either:
- Open 'All Programs/Practice Master Pro/Server Configuration'
- If you are on the Server computer, in the application click the 'Tools/Backup' menu
The Server Configuration tool will open on the 'Repository' tab with the 'Backup' sub-tab already open for you.
You have some options as to what to back up:
- FileStore - all your email attachments and files you have generated/copied in against patients etc
- Database - all your patients, patient notes, appointments, accounting information (everything that isnt a physical file)
A 'Database' only backup will be very fast and a 'Database' with 'FileStore' backup will take longer depending on the number of
files in your system (email attachments, files manually attached to patients etc).
The 'Server Configuration' tool will create the backup for you as a 'zip' file on your desktop by default.